5 Reasons you’re not getting a good nights’ sleep
- Dust mites – if your bed is a few years old it most likely already has its own ecosystem of millions of dust mites. They’re a common trigger for allergy, asthma, hay fever and irritating eczema. Dust mite allergies can cause sneezing, runny noses, itchiness, watery or puffy eyes, headaches, coughing, and sinus pressure. * If you have asthma you could be at risk for difficulty breathing, chest tightness, or trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath.
- Sagging – As a coiled mattress ages the springs start to wear out and sag in the middle, as a result you no longer have any back support which is a recipe for chronic back pain. Constant tossing and turning through the night to get comfortable and partner disturbance reduces the quality of sleep and then results in waking up sore, stiff and still tired.
- Bacteria and Fungus – An old mattress creates an optimum environment for bacteria, and fungus. A range of pathogenic bacteria and fungi such as enterococcus, norovirus and even MRSA (staph) were found in old mattress when tested, which can lead to skin infections, urinary tract infections and serious viruses.
- Mould – sweat, humidity and bodily fluids all contribute to mould spores growing in your mattress and can trigger many reactions. These include coughing, itchy or puffy eyes, headaches, itchy throat, congestion, exhaustion and if you are susceptible eczema and allergy flare ups.
- Inner Spring Breakage – Broken springs are indicated by a creaking or squeaking sound in your mattress they may also poke up at the surface. This can lead to pain, discomfort, more partner disturbance and reduction of deep sleep, in extreme situations the end of the spring can cut through the padding on the mattress and put you at risk of injury.
What we can help with:
No dust mites, mould, fungus or bacteria! Because our mattresses are treated with Ultra Fresh in the manufacturing process we have inhibited the growth of all of these nasties in our mattress
No partner disturbance or uncomfortable innersprings. JellyFish mattresses are made from high density Australian Made foams to support the spine and limit partner disturbance, so you can have a great nights’ sleep.